Hockey

Hello my dudes,

Hockey, hockey is my favorite sport and hobby. I play it on the weekend including Friday. I get out on the ice in the morning mostly and also in the afternoon sometimes, but I rarely ever play in the evening. I am on the same team as Carson who is in my class. We are also usually on the same shift. If you don’t know what a shift is then i’ll tell you right now: a shift or a line is the people that play with you, so it would be me, someone else and someone else too, or if you’re defense (I’m forward) then it’s just two people on including you. One defense line and one forward line is your whole line.

Defense and Forward

A defenseman is always at the back defending the goalie and a forward is the one normally, normally scoring all the goals and helping defend when the other team is in their side. So I play right wing which is the right side forward and Carson is usually center with me so he is the guy who is the one who kinda doubles as defense but is mainly forward and someone else random is usually left wing which is right wing’s job on the left side.

It’s a complicated really complicated sport. The best way to learn hockey is by playing it. I like the challenge of how hard it is. What sports do you play? What is your favorite sport? Leave your answers in the comments.

7 thoughts on “Hockey

1. Andrew

Hello, it’s Andrew. (Part of the student blogging challenge.) I can play a little hockey, but because of the lack of snow, or ice in Texas, I am not very good. Could you give me a few tips for playing right wing?

Reply
  2. Hudson

Hi Elijah,
    I also really like hockey. I also play forward and I am on right wing. I agree it is one of the most complicated sports. You have to do everything a normal athlete does but on skates. Who is your favourite team? Mine is the new York rangers.
    -Hudson

Reply
    1. Elijah Post author

Hi Hudson
      I thought you were on defence but I thought wrong I guess lol. I like the Black hawks and senators.
      I don’t really like the Rangers but thats opinion. Thanks for commenting.
      Elijah

Reply
  3. Carson

What’s up Elijah
    This is a very swag post about hockey, hockey is so fun. Also thanks for mentioning me In your post, it is awesome when you are on my line because you are good and you help out a lot. I think hockey is my favorite sport but I don’t know, I like baseball a lot too, I played rep baseball 2 years ago. I can’t wait for hockey this weekend!
    ~Carson

Reply
    1. Elijah Post author

To Carson
      Thanks it’s really fun and yes I can’t wait for hockey. Sadly I won’t be at the tournament because my parents are going to maui but I’m not going :(. What is your favourite NHL team? Mine is the black hawks but I also really like the senators too.
      Elijah

Reply
  4. Arielle

Hi Elijah,
    I don’y play hockey, but lots of my friends do our have siblings or other friends who do. Maybe i should try it out some time!
    Dank times ahead,
    ~Arielle

Reply